Shelter House is a non-profit organization that has provided housing and supportive services to the homeless of Southeast Iowa since 1983.
Shelter House is Johnson County, Iowa's only general use homeless shelter, providing transitional shelter to men, women, and children, including the disabled and the elderly.
Our mission is to provide shelter––basic and transitional resources––while encouraging self-sufficiency, to any person in our community who is homeless.
- Respect - Understand and value the needs and abilities of each client.
- Caring - Support clear expectations and provide opportunities for each individual to become self-sufficient.
- Responsibility - Use ethical behavior in all interactions with clients, staff, and the community.
- Integrity - Serve as a model of professionalism in our community.
- Stewardship - Collaborate with other community agencies to provide services efficiently and effectively.
Shelter House is a tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization. As a partner agency of the United Way of Johnson County, we have successfully met all local membership accountability standards in finance, ethics, governance, and diversity.
Like us on Facebook!