Starting your own fundraiser is a fun and easy way to support our mission
Create, plan, organize, and run it by yourself or with your co-workers, friends, and family. By organizing and mobilizing your connections, resources, and talents, we leverage the power of our neighbors and community, working together towards a common goal. Use your imagination and be creative when planning an event!
Not sure where to start? Look at the plans below for creative ways you can inspire your community and raise money this season!
- Hire your family out for the weekend; washing windows, laying mulch, planting flowers, etc. then donate your earnings to Shelter House.
- Drop off unwanted clothing and household items at Stuff Etc. The funds earned from your donated items can be added to the Shelter House account which will be used to purchase work boots and interview clothes for our clients.
- It’s Spring Cleaning time! So, clean out your cabinets, closets, and garages and hold a neighborhood or city-wide garage sale and contribute your earnings to Shelter House. Check out these garage sale tips!
- Skip your java stop for the week and donate your coffee savings to Shelter House!
- The Winter Olympics are over but you can hold your very own Backyard Olympics. Charge a suggested donation entry fee and donate the proceeds to Shelter House.
- Don’t forget to register Shelter House as your nonprofit choice for your Amazon Smile account. Learn more here.